The first six months are the "main growth phase". They require high quality protein and nutrients.

The next 6- 12 months require a reduced protein content to help prevent any growth disorders.

Now fully grown, finding the right diet to match their energy requirements is key. 

Now in old age, diets with a lower fat and phosphorus are needed.

Dry Dog Food

What makes Happy Dog Dry Dog Food

  • No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
  • No Added sugar
  • No GM ingredients
  • No added soya
  • Maximum digestibility
  • Gently prepared
  • Natural & high grade ingredients
  • Full, rich flavour
  • 100% balanced and species-appropriate
Dry Dog Food kibble

Only quality ingredients go into our natural dry dog food

We use high-quality meat and nutrient-rich offal from freshly-slaughtered and food safe animals for our dry dog food. We source the best quality for our animal raw ingredient sources.


It is important for both dogs and cats that the proportion of animal proteins or meat is much higher than the proportion of plant-based proteins. At Happy Dog, the proportion of animal protein in our dry dog food is up to 90 % of the overall protein content.

Our most popular Dry Dog Food products

Dried meat production

Fresh meat and offal consists of 70 % water on average. Most of this water is removed by heat during the manufacturing of dried meat. This leaves roughly 30 % dried meat. This can be transported and stored in more environmentally friendly and sustainable way.

Dry dog food vs fresh meat

There is no precise scientific definition for the term "meat ratio", which means certain dog food products seem to contain 80% fresh meat.  


However, fresh meat consists of up to 70% water, so to be able to compare the meat ration of fresh meat vs dry dog food, we must always compare the products on a dried meat basis.


Use this formula: Total % of fresh meat less (Total % of fresh meat multiplied by 0.7)


Example: 80% fresh meat =

80% fresh meat - (80*0.7) = 24% dried meat equivalent


80% fresh meat - 56 (80*0.7) = 24% dried meat equivalent

Complete Dry Dog Food

Complete dry dog food

You might also be interested in

Hypoallergenic Dog Food